Monday 14 May 2012

Oh! I Do Like To Be Beside The Seaside!


A popular British music hall song recorded in 1909 "Oh! I Do Like To Be Beside The Seaside" speaks of the singers love for the seaside, and their wish to return there for their summer holidays each year. It was composed at a time when the yearly visits of the British working-class to the seaside were booming. 


Fortunately, we don't have to wait for a trip to the seaside each year as we live right beside it. Yesterday it was Mother's Day, and as my mother (and father) is here visiting we took a leisurely drive to Redcliffe. As you can see, the weather was perfect, and perfect for a 'Stroll along the Prom'.


Oh! I do like to be beside the seaside
I do like to be beside the sea!
I do like to stroll upon the Prom, Prom, Prom!
Where the brass bands play:
"Tiddely-om-pom-pom!"
So just let me be beside the seaside
I'll be beside myself with glee.

3 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Gorgeous image Al, great perspective and yes, I wouldn't like to ever live away from the 'seaside'..I'm sure the air is much clearer!!

Anonymous said...

Aw, how nice to have your mother visit, and be there for Mother's day! Lovely. :-)

Pierre BOYER said...

Great place...
Best regards from Paris,

Pierre